Sail aboard the luxurious Sea Spirit to experience the Arctic in grand style with all the amenities of a fine hotel. Carrying a maximum of 112 passengers, this outstanding polar-approved vessel is equipped with rubber inflatable boats - called Zodiacs - for shore transfers and cruising.
Sea Spirit Review - Arctic
In this detailed review of the Sea Spirit, find the complete small ship description with deck plans and a photo gallery. After reading through our Sea Spirit review below, contact our Arctic cruise experts for more information and to compare the Sea Spirit with other Arctic small ships and cruises.
Formerly Cruise West's Spirit of Oceanus, the Sea Spirit is a 4,200 gross ton, 120-passenger vessel received ice certification and numerous upgrades including hull strengthening, technical upgrades and interior refurbishment to ready it for expedition service to the Antarctic and Arctic regions. The Sea Spirit's maiden polar voyage departed Ushuaia, Argentina, on December 22, 2010, for the South Georgia Island wildlife paradise, the remote Falkland Islands, the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands. The Sea Spirit is a luxury vessel, and certainly one of the most accommodating ships to cruise Arctic waters. Stabilizers provide the smoothest sailing possible throughout the journey.
Common Areas aboard Sea Spirit - Arctic
Spacious common areas aboard the Sea Spirit include a hot tub with a seating area, a bistro and gym on the Sports Deck, a library/game room on the Club Deck for relaxing with a good book, a dining lounge as well as 2 additional lounges, an open bar, and a multipurpose presentation room with state-of-the-art equipment that the staff marine biologists and polar experts use for daily briefings and to lead talks on wildlife and the environment. The ship has an elevator that accesses all decks.
Meals aboard Sea Spirit - Arctic
The Sea Spirit has an open bar, so expect spirits and wine to flow freely during the voyage. Plus, coffee, tea, cocoa and bottled water are available around the clock. Nightly four-course meals are prepared by top chefs and an expert kitchen staff. Special diets are easily accommodated with advance notice.
Activities aboard the Sea Spirit - Arctic
Optional excursions including hiking, kayaking, birding and snorkeling are available during your Arctic stay on the Sea Spirit. Daily briefings by staff naturalists prep you for any activity you may desire, as well as wildlife viewing. An onboard gymnasium on the Sports Deck provides a great place to unwind.
Cabins aboard the Sea Spirit - Arctic
All cabins on the Sea Spirit feature an exterior view and spaciousness not commonly found on an expedition ship. The smallest suite on the Sea Spirit is 215 square feet, and the Owner’s Suite is an outstanding 550 square feet! You have a choice of one king-size bed or two twin beds. In addition to exterior views, all cabins have flat-screen TVs, DVD players, an in-room safe, a refrigerator, an individual temperature control and hair dryers en suite. Satellite phone and Internet access is available in every cabin, and a 10MB communications access card is complimentary with every voyage. Private facilities in each cabin include a sink, toilet and shower. Deluxe Suites, Premium Suites and the Owner's Suite have private balconies for viewing the extraordinary Arctic icescape.
Triple - Classic: 2 twin beds and a sofa bed on Oceanus Deck. Twin beds can be configured into 1 king-size bed. Triple-Classic Suites average 250 square feet, each with an exterior view picture window and 2 wardrobes.
- Main Deck Suite: Either 2 twins or a king-size bed on the Main Deck. Main Deck Suites average 215 square feet, with a minimum of two portholes for exterior views and a wardrobe.
- Classic Suite: Either 2 twins or a king-size bed on the Oceanus Deck. Classic Suites average 250 square feet, each with an exterior view picture window and 2 wardrobes.
- Superior Suite: Either 2 twins or a king-size bed on the Club Deck. Superior Suites average 235 square feet, each with a picture window that overlooks the outside walkway and a wardrobe.
- Deluxe Suite: With private balcony and either 2 twins or a king-size bed on the Sports Deck. Deluxe Suites average 277 square feet, and feature sliding glass doors to a private balcony and a walk-in closet or wardrobe.
- Premium Suite: With private balcony and either 2 twins or a king-size bed on the Sun Deck. Premium Suites average 353 square feet, and feature sliding glass doors to a private balcony and a wardrobe.
- Owner's Suite: The ultimate suite designed for entertaining, located on the Sun Deck. The Owner’s Suite is 550 square feet, and has a separate living room with a game and meeting area, as well as sliding glass doors leading to a private deck. King-size bed in a separate sleeping area, with a sofa bed in the living room. Additional amenities include BOSE stereo system, HD Plasma TV with video player and jetted bathtub.