Aurora Expeditions Contingency Plan

For Active & Wild Antarctica Air Cruises operated by Aurora Expeditions, a Contingency Plan is in place for those cases when weather conditions require that the day of operation of the flight to/from Antarctica is modified from the itinerary.

2023-24 & 2024-25 Seasons

Contingency Plan for Aurora’s Antarctic Explorer, Wild Antarctica & Wild Antarctica Express Itineraries

If a charter flight from any starting point to the point of embarkation for the ship voyage is delayed due to adverse weather conditions, Aurora Expeditions will attempt, for a period of up to 96 hours from the proposed departure time of the charter flight, to arrange a later charter flight. The operator will attempt to do so at no extra charge, but if an additional charge does apply, the guest will be liable to pay that additional charge. At any stage in this 96 hour period Aurora Expeditions may vary the voyage.

In case the outbound flight to Antarctica cannot ultimately be moved & the trip is cancelled

If it is not reasonably practicable for a later charter flight to be arranged, within 96 hours from the proposed departure time of the charter flight, the expedition will be deemed cancelled. If the expedition is deemed cancelled, due to weather conditions affecting the charter flight, Aurora Expeditions will provide the guest with a credit, to the value of the full price paid to Aurora Expeditions for the voyage (including the Deposit), which can be used towards a future voyage. The guest will not be entitled to any refund of any amounts paid.

In case the outbound flight to Antarctica is delayed

In the event that a charter flight is delayed, the Expedition Leader or another representative of Aurora Expeditions will provide updates to the guest, as updates may be known, and will endeavor to provide information to make the guest’s stay as enjoyable as possible pending the ability of a charter flight to fly.

In case the return flight to Punta Arenas is delayed

If a charter flight from King George Island to Punta Arenas, Chile is delayed, passengers already in Antarctica will remain on board the ship until the flight to Punta Arenas is authorized to depart. If it is not possible, due to weather conditions, for the flight to depart within 96 hours from intended departure time the ship will transport the guest from King George Island to Puerto Williams or Ushuaia for disembarkation. Full board on the ship is included. Strictly no refund will be provided for any reason and the guest will not be entitled to make any claim howsoever arising as a result of this change. Aurora Expeditions will not be liable for and does not accept any claims for any costs made by the guest including but not limited to international airfares, domestic airfares, accommodation, any additional services purchased, or change fees impacted by or as a result of the delay or cancellation.

test message
View Wishlist